Terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions:
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the website. The Terms and Conditions contain important information about your rights and obligations, as well as limitations and exclusions. By using this website you confirm your unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, these Terms and Conditions.
Terms of website use
The Site http://www.therapyportal.co.uk).
Other applicable terms
- Our Acceptable Use Policy (below) which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
All content on this website are subject to change at any time without notice. Therapy Portal makes all reasonable efforts to accurately display information, including colors, labels, pictures, etc. Therapy Portal attempts to ensure that information on this website is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Website may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date.
Therapy Portal makes no representation as to how complete, accurate, or current any information is on this Website.
Therapy Portal may make changes to its Website design, functionality and/or content at any time, and may provide links to other sites that are not maintained by Therapy Portal. Therapy Portal does not endorse those sites and is not responsible for the content of such other sites.
Use of the Website
This Website may not be copied, distributed or transmitted in any way without prior written consent of Therapy Portal. The design of this Website and all of its content, text, graphics, information, and other material displayed thereon or that can be downloaded are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with prior written approval from Therapy Portal. Any unauthorised use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy / publicity, and other laws and regulations.
Information about us
The Site http://www/therapyportal.co.uk).
Changes to these terms
- You are advised to check these pages from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
- TherapyPortal may update the Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- TherapyPortal does not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
- Our Site is made available free of charge for Subscribers and the public to browse.
- TherapyPortal does not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our Site is permitted on a temporary basis. TherapyPortal may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. TherapyPortal will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our Site.
Your account and password
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected]
Intellectual property rights
Therapy Portal is the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our Site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
No reliance on information
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
Therapy Portal will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You agree not to use our Site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- Therapy Portal will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- Therapy Portal assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the Site. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. TherapyPortal will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply, that may be obtained by emailing Therapy Portal at [email protected]
Uploading content to our site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Site, or to make contact with other users of our Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are a consumer user, this means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such content for any purpose.
Therapy Portal also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
Therapy Portal will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Site.
Therapy Portal has the right to remove any posting you make on our Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our Site do not represent our views or values.
Therapy Portal does not guarantee that the Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Therapy Portal will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Linking to our site
You may link to our Site provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Site without contacting us at [email protected] to obtain our prior consent.
Our Site must not be framed on any other site.
Therapy Portal reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy
If you wish to make any use of content on our Site other than that set out above, please contact [email protected]
Third party links and resources to our site
Where our Site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only.
Therapy Portal has no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
To contact us please email [email protected]
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access our website http://www.therapyportal.co.uk (our "Site"). This acceptable use policy applies to all users of, and visitors to, our Site.
Your use of our Site means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
The Site http://www.therapyportal.co.uk is registered to and operated by Therapy Portal, being a private limited company incorporated in England and Wales under company number 07723661 with its registered office and main trading address situated at 16 Woodbines Avenue, Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey. KT12AY ("TherapyPortal").
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or reuse any material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
(i) any part of our Site;
(ii) any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
(iii) any software used in the provision of our Site; or
(iv) any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Site ("Contributions"), and to any Interactive Services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our Site.
Directory and Product Information Disclaimer
- TherapyPortal is the trading style of Therapy Portal. Registered in England and Wales Co. No. 7723661 at registered address 16 Woodbines Avenue, Kingston Upon Thames. Surrey. KT12AY. Therapy Portal operates an online directory for professional complementary therapists and a resource for therapists such as therapy treatment rooms, venues and therapy jobs (the “Subscribers”). Health Care and Therapy products & accessories may also be advertised on the website domain http://www.therapyportal.co.uk (the “Website”).
- Great care has been taken in the creation of the Directory and attempts made to present and maintain accurate and up-to-date information, however inaccuracies may occasionally occur. Therapy Portal will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of any inaccuracy within its website pages. If you should discover any information on our directory that you believe is inaccurate or inappropriate, please kindly contact us at [email protected]
- You accept that the Directory and all information published on it is purely an on-line directory of Subscribers. This information is provided by the Subscriber and published for the public ("Website Information"), but does not in any way constitute a reference, validation or in any way an endorsement of any information provided to you, the website user ("User"), or any recommendation or endorsement of the Subscriber or services offered by the Subscriber. A Subscriber entry does not indicate that Therapy Portal endorses the qualifications or professionalism of the Subscriber.
- Whilst Therapy Portal will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website Information is accurate, the liability for providing accurate Website Information rests with the Subscriber and to the extent permitted by law, Therapy Portal excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied. Furthermore, Therapy Portal will not be liable to the User for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, the Website; the use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website, loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- You the User accepts that it is your duty to verify the Website Information before relying on it. You further accept that Therapy Portal shall not be liable for any service given by a Subscriber or actions taken by you as a result of such a service. Therapy Portal shall not be liable for any advice, articles or products or for any actions taken by you as a result of such advice, articles or products.
- Therapy Portal is not responsible for any content or information published or links to other websites which may appear on the Website.
- The information displayed by Therapy Portal on the Website is for information only. It is not intended in any way to be a substitute for medical advice or the advice of any other healthcare professional. Therapy Portal shall not be liable or responsible for any decisions or diagnoses provided by Subscribers in connection with a referral.
- You expressly agree that you will not sell or trade in any materials on the Website or redistribute Website Information in any way or for any purpose including the compiling of databases, lists or directories or providing commercial information to any third party for any commercial or other reason.
- You agree that the Website is provided for personal use only for those wishing to engage the services of a Subscriber be it a therapist, therapy/treatment room, job vacancy or product. You agree not to use the Website for commercial purposes including contacting Subscribers to promote your goods or services.
- Therapy Portal shall not be liable for any interruption or temporary or otherwise shut down of the Website or any omissions, interruptions, suspension or deletion of emails.
- Therapy Portal does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted over the internet.
- You accept that any telephone numbers listed on this Website may be recorded for security purposes.
The entire contents of this website are based upon the opinions of Therapy Portal and/or its Subscribers unless otherwise noted. Individual articles are based upon the opinions of the respective author, who retains copyright as marked. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research of the respective authors and community. You are encouraged to make your own informed health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, always consult your health care professional before using advice or products based on this content.
The articles may be copied in full, with copyright, contact, creation and information intact, without specific permission, when used only in a not-for-profit format. If any other use is desired, permission in writing from TherapyPortal is required.